The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is searching for an experienced digital producer to join the production desk at The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com in Phoenix, one of the USA TODAY Network's largest news sites and a hub of network coverage in the U.S. Southwest.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment and should have prior digital news experience. He or she will be a strong collaborator who can work closely with reporters, editors, designers and newsroom leadership. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of audience metrics, SEO and social optimization with the goal of growing audience.
• Optimizing, editing and posting content for all of the network’s sites.
• Managing content on all native and social platforms.
• Creating and managing social media content on all platforms.
• Using metrics tools to help maximize the network’s audience on all platforms.
• Managing workflow to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven experience with advanced storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
• Proven experience producing quick write-ups based on trending topics.
• Presents a quick, conversational writing style that resonates with mobile and social audiences.
• Proficiency on social media platforms; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing industry.
• Ability to act calmly and decisively in complex breaking news situations.
• Knowledge of AP style.
• Able to work early morning, night or weekend shifts.