Hearst Television’s is seeking an aggressive creative photographer to join its Washington Bureau.. Candidates should excel at creating visually compelling television, capable of producing multi-platform coverage, versatile and tech-savvy. Candidates must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere,
The Washington Bureau also covers breaking news, politics, health, consumer, and special projects for Hearst stations, as well as major event coverage such as political conventions and election coverage.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• Working with the Producers and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Responsible for technical set-up and shooting of satellite and fiber live remotes
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from various sources.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.