As Director of Strategy and Analysis in Warner Media Entertainment’s Finance and Strategy group, you will play a leadership role in reshaping the media landscape and charting Warner Media’s future.
The strategy and analysis team takes a highly analytical approach towards managing the business, putting customer, financial and market data at the center of strategic recommendations. Our team is seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic Director to lead strategic analysis focused on market modeling and forecasting, competitive insights, new market opportunities and more. These efforts will span our wide-ranging portfolio of entertainment properties (e.g. HBO MAX, HBO, tbs, TNT, truTV).
We are looking for a highly analytical, strategic thought leader who excels at identifying and deconstructing complex business problems. The Director of Strategy and Analysis will work cross functionally with Finance, Research, Audience Insights and Data Science to ‘connect-the-dots’ across the data sources, creating actionable solutions for some of the most challenging issues facing the company. This position will serve as a proactive strategic partner to the product, content, marketing, distribution and executive teams.
The role is based in New York, NY and reports to the VP of Strategy and Analysis.
• Work with executive team and cross functionally with key business leads to develop comprehensive strategies supported by data
• Identify and deconstruct business issues, develop analytical frameworks and provide data-driven strategic recommendations
• Develop analyses to deepen the company’s understanding of the video subscription landscape (inclusive of MVPD, SVOD and AVOD services), transactional dynamics and trends in consumer behavior
• Efficiently manipulate, extract, analyze and summarize large volumes of multifaceted transactional data using various data analysis and reporting tools
• Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on trends in the market
• Explore third party data sources to enhance the department's analyses and expand its capabilities to identify potential opportunities
• Demonstrate strong leadership and effective influence skills with an ability to gain credibility with executive leadership
• Execute against time-sensitive requests from senior leaders and cross-functional business partners
• Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of consumer, competitive, and macroeconomic trends
• Foster a collaborative and positive culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across the organization
• 8+ years of strategy planning, strategy analytics or consulting experience, with a focus on data and analysis – preferable in the digital subscription space
• Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, develop analytical frameworks and provide data-driven recommendations
• Collaborative leader with exceptional influencing skills and experience working across many areas and levels of an organization
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and experience with data analysis and reporting tools such as Tableau. Ability to summarize large amounts of complex data and to compile insights into executive-facing reports
• Experience creating and working with large analytic datasets using programming languages such as SQL, SPSS, R or Python
• Highly numerate with strong critical thinking skills and rigorous attention to detail
• Exceptional PowerPoint skills and fundamentals for preparing strategic and analytical deliverables
• High emotional intelligence, with strong verbal and written communication skills that educate and influence senior leaders
• Highly curious, motivated, decisive thought leader
• Experience managing teams and partnering with multiple business functions
• Experience in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) sector preferred
• Experience with subscription-based services is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced analytics degree is a plus