The Producer of Editorial Sponsorships is a vital role in CNN’s revenue-driving, content team. They will be responsible for producing feature content for all of CNN’s platforms -- from written digital features to crafting bite-sized social videos to filming full 30-minute TV documentaries – and strive to innovate and experiment with new technologies.
This position is ideal for a someone with experience of producing beautiful, impactful stories for digital, TV and social platforms. They will be journalists with a passion for global storytelling and travel.
A Producer is a master storyteller who can write and crafts content that connects with audiences – wherever they are, and wherever they’re going next. They conceive story treatments across a range of different platforms, including digital, TV and social media, while maintaining CNN’s high standards.
The Producer will work across CNN’s portfolio of sponsored series, often in partnership with other producers or specialist section editors, to deliver against defined KPIs. They will work in a team that travels extensively and collaborate with regional bureaus to introduce CNN’s global audience to the wonders, innovation and compelling characters found in other locations.
The Producer will take on ambitious video storytelling challenges, working with CNN’s on-air talent and many different teams to deliver content that distinguishes CNN against the company’s competitors. They will organize production logistics and production schedule, regularly working to tight deadlines. They will work with camera operators and video editors to script and create editorial features to CNN’s editorial standards. They will also ensure that Ofcom guidelines are followed, and that CNN’s defined editorial processes and procedures are adhered to.
The Producer will create stand-out digital content including long and short-form articles, interactives, image galleries, videos, infographics, photo essays, social content, and opinion writes. This content will contribute to successful delivery of sponsorship KPIs and the wider CNN audience growth targets. Producing this content will include:
• Pitching story ideas and treatments to Copy Editors and section heads – Style,Travel, Business, Health, etc.
• Writing articles in the tone, style and to the editorial standards of reporting.
• Building articles, galleries and videos in the CNN CMS.
• Writing headlines and tease language that is optimised for search and platform programming.
• Commissioning graphics from the design team and providing the editorial information and facts included.
• Collaborating with the social teams to create content that will drive engagement on CNN’s flagship accounts.
• Regularly reviewing analytics with the Strategic Insights Analyst to inform further content plans.
• Pitching, producing and editing opinion articles.
• Submitting and reviewing work with Copy Editors and the CNN Triad (where required) for approval.
This position will work under the Commissioning Editor who will assign budgets and goals for each sponsored campaign. The Producer will also work with Concept Development Editors to ideate new sponsorship series proposals.
This role is suitable for ambitious storytellers who nurture relationships and collaborate effectively with others to create content that helps the team to achieve success.
What do we need from you?
• Proven track record of creating engaging content (written, video, social) that drives traffic
• Experience in producing content in the Middle East or Africa
• Strong writing and editing skills are essential skills for this role
• Relevant experience and passion in using social media as a publishing and audience engagement tool
• Must be comfortable with news and feature production and understand the difference
• Strong communicator and collaborator
• Strong and proven editorial judgment
• Deep understanding of multiple platforms and different devices
• A good understanding of current affairs is a must
• Must understand S&P and Ofcom compliance guidelines
• Must be organized, efficient and able to multi-task booking, logistics, and research
• A positive, self-starting attitude will serve the candidate well in this position