We are hiring a Product Manager in Bellevue, Washington to drive innovative and data driven analytical solutions for customers across Discovery’s wide array of direct-to-consumer products, including digital products across entertainment, food, home, auto, nature, and science.
As a Product Manager focused on Data and Analytics, you will create, own and drive customer, content and marketing data product lifecycle, build analytics product roadmap, including the test processes as well as delivery of final analytical work product. You have strong attention to detail, in-depth analytical knowledge and understand & follow agile methods; adapt to dynamic & changing environment and communicate with simplicity & in timely manner. You will work cross-functionally with Business Analysts, Product Managers, Engineers and Business stakeholders to identify new opportunities, influence and align priorities and execute against roadmap to meet and exceed goals.
An ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, result-driven and passionate for using data and scientific methods to drive innovation and produce great experiences for our customers. This person will advocate for data-driven decision making, have an insatiable curiosity, love to invent and innovate to solve difficult problems, and obsess about their customers. The candidate will have a strong point of view but remain open-minded should evidence lead elsewhere. As a senior member of the team whom others enjoy working with because they are reliable, innovative, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This product owner takes end-to-end ownership of their work and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Have excellent understanding of data warehouse fundamentals, data engineering concepts, data structures and application of data and analytics to solve customer, product, engineering, content and marketing problems.
2. Have in-depth understanding of available data as well as data that would be needed to better understand customer behavior and engagement with the product features and capabilities.
3. Uncover data and analytics needs of internal customers, including product, marketing, business, and operations teams, and couple them with actionable data and analytic solutions.
4. Take ownership for understanding business needs, collect business requirements and translate those needs into functional specifications for data engineering to build data and analytic solutions.
5. Drive resolution for data tagging and data collection issues. i.e. be a problem solver and driver for bug-fixes that impact reliability of data capture, data ingestion and overall quality of data.
6. Conduct and drive short term as well as long term planning sessions to build product roadmap and drive internal stakeholder engagement.
7. Proactively identify risks and issues impacting data quality as well as development timelines and drive effective resolution by engaging different teams across the organization
8. Actively manage inter-dependencies within the team, across the organization and mitigate resource constraints by facilitating prioritization and trade-off discussions.
9. Collaborate with designers, engineers, and data scientists on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives to develop model-based solutions for product initiatives and launches.
10. Assist business analysts and data scientists in creating conceptual data and analytical models for solving business problems, creating business health reporting and building data science models.
• Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in product management in technology environment.
• Strong problem solving/bug-fixing skills with deep understanding of digital products and passion for driving use of data.
• Drive for incremental improvements in ambiguous situations and in a fast paced and matrixed organization.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Can effectively communicate vision and plan with audience.
• Understanding of engineering concepts, intermediate SQL querying techniques and analytical skills.
• Experience in proto-typing data products, building proof-of-concept models and conducting ad-hoc analysis and investigations into data tagging, source-to-target mapping.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience in working across product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss technical concepts, create scalable designs, implement new models, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Proven track record of driving use of data and scientific methods to solve business problems and accelerate product features and capabilities.
• Master’s degree in business, quantitative or technical field is a preferred.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.