Premion, a leading “Over-the-Top” advertising and media business, seeks an experienced a Manager of Strategic Partners to oversee the expansion of it selling efforts in local media markets. The person will lead sales and marketing strategy for either TEGNA broadcast station sales teams and/or 3rd party sales teams in non-TEGNA broadcast markets. This person will focus on developing broadcast markets includes client development, sales and marketing tactics, product mix, pricing, training and account management. The right person for this role is a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. The person also has strong communication and relationship development and management skills.
• Manage day to day relationship with partner sales leadership and station sales teams. P&L responsibility.
• Primary responsibilities are to drive sales, strategy and execution with channel partner
• Review and track sales trends and KPIs for each station group
• Lead local marketing opportunities, client events and speaking engagements to help drive additional opportunities
• Help manage local station and Premion pre-sale/fulfillment escalation process
• Ability to negotiate local rates at point of sale to help expedite revenue opportunities
• Maintain and build relationships with key accounts/agencies
• Provide feedback on market/competitor/industry demands from the field
• Focus on implementation of best practices, marketing plans and strategy, training programs
• Collaborate with Premion team to keep up with industry demands and develop solutions to bring to market
• 10+ years of digital advertising sales and premium video experience, with strong emphasis in taking new products to market, especially video.
• Proven relationship development and management experience, including broadcast and other advertising sales teams, agencies and client direct.
• Track record of delivering premium video sales revenue
• Professional communication skills, both internally and externally. Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly. Personality to quickly build rapport and build professional relationships
• Travel required, more than 75% of time mainly covering West Coast and South West region
• Strong independent thinking and problem solving abilities
• Strong qualitative skills with ability to demonstrate quality data organization and analysis techniques
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yr university program