KARE 11, the TEGNA owned property in Minneapolis is looking for an Account Manager to manage day to day responsibilities of assigned accounts and team members. The ideal candidate will provide administrative and customer service support while utilizing a deep understanding of the company’s multimedia solutions.
• Daily interaction with existing agency and direct client business; this responsibility includes maintenance of client schedules on television and online, regular tracking of client audience delivery using Nielsen ratings, developing presentations, merchandising the station and generally providing a high level of customer service.
• Assists designated Account Executives with maintenance of contracts, order input, make-goods, and overall customer service.
• Accurately schedules customers’ traffic; reviews and coordinates changes.
• Handles fulfillment issues.
• Able to make decisions and solve problems independently in an effort to support designated Account Executives.
• Accurately sets up new customer accounts, contracts, etc.
• Manages the implementation of programs and schedules sold by designated Account Executives.
• Partners with designated Account Executives in the development of new/incremental revenue through consistent and creative prospecting.
• Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes. Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success.
• Attends sales meetings and training to obtain sales, product and process information and keep abreast of company products and services in order to articulate to client, when appropriate.
• Coordinates commercial production with station clients.
• Minimum 2 years of account service support or customer service in a professional, fast paced environment.
• Ability to work effective as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
• Proficient in Microsoft office and extremely computer literate.
• Ability to effectively solve problems.
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.