Successful candidates should have a familiarity with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, Transmitter RF equipment, directional AM antenna systems and computer/IT skills. Successful applicant would be responsible for all aspects of a large market operation.
• This is a service oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communications, personable interaction with fellow employees and organizational skills.
• Responsible for all aspects of a large market operation.
• Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7.
• Install, maintain, and repair all broadcast equipment (both studio and transmitter hardware).
• This position requires the people skills to manage a 3-person engineering team, and has daily interaction with executive management, accounting, programming, sales and a fulltime news department.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member of this engineering department
• Familiarity with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, Transmitter RF equipment, directional AM antenna systems and computer/IT skills
• For consideration you must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record.
• Ability to troubleshoot GatesAir/Harris, BE and Continental transmitters is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience
• An associate degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience
• SBE certification is a plus