FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.
Fox Business is looking for a Field Producer with great multi-tasking abilities. As a Field Producer, you cover major stories including breaking News, initiative stories and special live event projects. You will also regularly work in house on live and taped programs. You have creative and “out of the box” thinking and a competitive edge. Your familiarity with covering breaking news in a competitive environment allows you to deliver a quality product in a fast paced 24-hour News environment!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch and develop original story ideas for cable
• Work on live special events
• Own the production process in the field, from pitching stories, writing of the script and supervising the edit process
• Coordinate all aspects of production of delegated assignments including booking, writing, graphics and producing both taped segments and live shots
• Work with show teams on segments
• Work on the production of taped Fox Business programming
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years’ experience as a reporter, writer, producer and/or editor at a News organization
• Prior field production experience
• Strong writing skills, including proven ability to structure script segments of 8 minutes or more
• Experience in edit room
• Production experience in breaking News and feature reporting
• Flexibility to work varied weekday shifts