Avalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive!
Posting Job Description
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a highly motivated Level Designer intern (temp) to join our Level Designer team. As part of our team, you will work across multiple aspects of the game’s development to help meet all goals of the studio’s current projects.
We are looking for talented and passionate game makers, preferably with some previous experience creating game content.
What part will you play?
• Implement game content such as world authoring in UE4, combat setups, event triggers and populating with gameplay objects.
• Build basic layouts using Maya, kit sets and UE4.
• Work in UE4’s blueprint tool.
• Work with other departments to implement SFX, FX, missions and other gameplay mechanics.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• The intern will have the opportunity to be mentored by senior members of the Level Design team.
What do we need from you?
• Experience with Unreal 4 and Maya.
• Passion for numerous console games and a knowledge of game mechanics across a variety of genres and platforms.
• Ability to collaborate with a design group and maintain positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly motivated self-starter and creative thinker with fresh ideas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Pursuing a degree in Game Design or equivalent degree in a creative field strongly preferred. (Art/Illustration/Storytelling).