Requisition ID 25303
In this role, you will be responsible for updating program information and schedule entry into Broadview and HIVE. We are seeking a strong communicator (both written and verbal) – as you will act as the liaison for the Scheduling team and internal departments, answering programming and scheduling questions as needed. The right candidate will have familiarity with television production terms and procedures.
1. Create, update, maintain and distribute weekly episodic schedules (data entry) in Excel and Discovery systems (Broadview/HIVE) ensuring all programming data is current and accurate
2. Distribute scheduling documents (program schedules/rollout/block Doc) to various departments weekly or as needed for last-minute schedule changes.
3. Screen and evaluate pilots, series, and specials to recommend an air plan.
4. Track competitive schedule and alert management of notable trends.
5. Creates programming stunt/stack options with new and existing programming that feature episodes with a common theme for adsales and creative purposes.
6. Work with metadata team and production executive to ensure that show and episodic descriptions are accurate.
7. Serve as point of contact for listing services, ensuring programming information is accurate and complete.
8. Become the dedicated point of contact for high volume of requests for information (inventory searches, schedule questions, etc.).
9. Work closely with production, network operations and media logistics teams to ensure accurate and correct information within scheduling systems.
10. Perform some limited department related administrative tasks (meeting planning, printing, expense reports) as assigned.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience, preferably in the television field
• Must love TV
• Accomplished computer skills, especially with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people both inside and outside the immediate department. Attention to customer service is key.
• Ability to manage a large and ever-changing workload with grace and efficiency is a must, as well as a continuing sense of urgency.
• Ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work independently as well as with supervised direction
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States