I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Technical Producer oversees the operation of the Ignite automation system and will execute live newscasts and special projects from that terminal. This position coordinates the successful completion of “start to finish” daily work-flow. The Technical Producer also performs non-linear editing of promotion and news elements, enters graphics into show rundowns using MOS, and creates pre-production elements.
II. Essential Job Functions
• Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Operates and maintains Ignite automation during the newscast. Directs and switches live newscasts and special project reports to ensure all show elements are executed flawlessly. Troubleshoots technical issues as they occur.
• Collaborates with promotion and news employees to develop pre-production elements. Directs special projects. Performs non-linear editing (and associated functions) for promotion, commercial ingestion and duplication, satellite operations, promo ingestion, news and sales projects. Utilizes graphics in support of the branding and editorial philosophy of the station’s newscast.
• Provides daily direction and alignment to various aspects of show execution. Creates pre-production elements that have been developed. Generates graphics for newscasts and promotions. Addresses technical issues. Provides continuous feedback on daily performance.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Completion of high school, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in broadcast television production or media preferred.
• Minimum two years experience in a live broadcast television environment with hands-on experience in control room including switching, audio, graphics, character generator, robotics, and automated rundown software preferred.
• Non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Experience operating and maintaining Ignite automation tools and software preferred.
• Experience using Avid editing software preferred.
• Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly motivated and confident in executing difficult and complex tasks.
• Self directed and able to function proactively to ensure results and goals are met as well as adhere to strict deadlines.
• Good leadership skills; ability to provide guidance and direction to a team.
• Ability to consistently function in a high pressure role and environment.
• Ability to quickly react to changing priorities and needs.
• Must be able to troubleshoot difficult problems and develop solutions to address root causes.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Travel Required (Approximate): 5%