The Digital Content Producer will oversee the day-to-day content development, management and publishing on expressnews.com and mysa.com. This person will work closely with other content and homepage producers, each owning one site on any given day. They will work in a fast-paced news environment and focus on real-time audience engagement and growth. We need a self-starter with high standards who can collaborate well, has excellent communication skills and is comfortable taking feedback.
• This position is full-time. Evening/weekend work may be required.
• 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position required.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism preferred.
• Website/CMS platform management experience.
• Obsession with digital metrics and understanding of audience-growth best practices.
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, FTP and other web scripting practices. Familiarity with live stream products and software
• Active social media user/familiarity with various social platform details
• Package editorial content on our CMS and oversee the homepage and other sections of expressnews.com and mysa.com (all producers work on both).
• Coordinate visual assets and text between editors, reporters and the copy desk.
• Grow engagement across both websites. Study performance data in real-time, using Chartbeat to make strategic decisions about headlines, story placement, etc.
• Apply SEO best practices to improve overall content discovery and visibility.
• Write and re-write headlines for optimal online performance.
• Produce short stories, slideshows and other digital content as needed.
The Express-News is the third-largest daily paper in Texas, delivering quality journalism to one of the country’s fastest growing cities.