As a Technical Games Artist at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., you’ll be joining the talented, multi-disciplinary Golf Clash team to help with the continuing development of this industry leading, hit mobile game. You’ll be working on implementing new game features focusing on bringing them to life through the visual polish for UI screens, animations, and VFX using the in-house game engine.
You must be able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail and an ability to improve a feature from an artistic point of view whilst having the skills required to implement them with code or scripts.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate gamer with a detailed knowledge of the leading 3D packages with experience working with the scripting languages within them as well as an understanding of core programming principals.
Core Skills & Experience
• Educated to degree level in a technical art related subject, and/or very strong portfolio demonstrating high technical artistic skill.
• Be able to demonstrate the implementation of game content/assets/animation accompanied and handled by coded logic.
• An excellent understanding of 3D hierarchical/transformation concepts and tree structures.
• A good understanding of game state flow and logic.
• A good understanding of programming concepts and a willing to transfer this knowledge to further languages.
• Adobe Photoshop.
• Adobe Illustrator.
• 3D Max/Maya.
• A good understanding of animation concepts.
• Previous games industry experience.
• Excellent problem solving abilities. Innovative, able to think outside the box.
• An excellent understanding of user interaction and what makes a game look/feel and handle intuitively/seamlessly and most of all fun.