HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Senior Manager, Editorial Operations will be responsible for driving and optimizing editorial operations across WarnerMedia's direct to consumer platform.
• You will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry.
• In this role, you will collaborate and develop operational efficiencies across Marketing, Brand Marketing, Editorial, Content, Business Development, and Technology.
• You will project manage the cross functional team supporting the overall execution of the editorial strategy, starting with input from Analytics and Marketing, obtaining Legal approval on the creative, deploying the editorial content directly on dotcom and partnering with the product team to deploy the content in app.
• You will work with internal and external partners to define and improve business processes to help drive our business objectives, and to ensure the right reporting and analytics are in place to measure success.
• 5+ years of experience in editorial/marketing operations, product and operations or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• 2 years of experience managing and leading cross-organizational creative teams.
• Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives.
• Extensive experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers.
• Actively engaged in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and accountable with executive-level presence.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands