The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effecHearst Television is looking for an OTT Director of Sales, responsible for training and leading a sales organization of 300+, across 37 local television properties, with the primary function of executing on the sales strategy for the company’s OTT platform, Hearst Anyscreen. Additional advertising products available, such as linear television, digital video, display, native, and audience solutions, will be critical components of a multi-platform sales operation. The OTT Sales Director will work closely with Hearst Television’s largest advertisers and our national rep firms to pitch and fulfill campaigns based on these ad products, in addition to working with third-party vendors both current and prospective. The OTT Sales Director will champion Hearst Anyscreen product enhancements with material creation, training, sales calls, and feedback gathering to ensure smooth and effective sales activation. The position is highly visible to the sales/ad ops organizations, and involves frequent hands-on troubleshooting. This position reports to the Vice President of Digital Sales, and is located at Hearst Television’s New York City headquarters.
Hearst Television seeks a dynamic candidate who possesses a strong digital background, preferably with expertise from other digital publishers, digital agencies, and/or related ad platforms. Strong agency contacts in the TV space are a plus. Strong communication skills are a must, with proficiency around written and oral presentation, and an ability to navigate the complex intersections of digital ad tech. The ideal candidate will thrive on driving OTT revenue and keeping Hearst Television’s product portfolio competitive in an ever-changing digital marketplace by exploring and proposing new, innovative solutions, while taking pride in being extremely well-organized and prepared. A strong work ethic and collaborative style are essential for this position. Frequent business travel is required.
Key Skills & Competencies
• 5+ years of experience in OTT or Digital Video
• Experience working with ad ops teams and third-party vendors/platforms to define value, establish KPIs, and manage successful campaigns.
• Ability to identify opportunities for product/process improvements with significant revenue potential based on key industry and/or technology trends.
• Understand the needs and gaps of sales teams and work with sales leadership, product, marketing and operations to train with the goal of adoption and proficiency.
• Ability to identify strategies for increasing market share, product usage and revenue.
• Ability to work closely with local field sales, ensuring that each market has a fresh perspective of products and knows how OTT fits into their overall suite or portfolio.
• Ability to speak at an expert product level with an audience of major agencies, advertisers, and technology executives.
• Thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies (planning, targeting, ad serving, reporting, et al)
• Ability to develop clear value propositions and use cases based on client needs assessment.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
ts sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipmen