Warner Bros. Digital Networks (WBDN) creates, builds, and operates direct-to-consumer digital services, digital premium content, and experiences. The WBDN team is chartered with bringing together a diverse portfolio of iconic brands and innovative, exclusive premium content, focused on serving digital-first audiences. Leveraging the studio’s iconic franchises and vast library, WBDN’s portfolio includes DC UNIVERSE, DramaFever, Boomerang, and Filmstruck in partnership with Turner. WBDN also produces and distributes premium digital series through Stage 13 and Machinima and in partnership with LeBron James’ Uninterrupted and Ellen DeGeneres’ Ellen Digital Ventures. Warner Bros. Digital Networks’ premium programming and digital offerings put viewers at the center of entertainment, sports, gaming, and pop culture, reaching audiences anywhere, across any platform.
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Digital Networks (WBDN) is focused on expanding Warner Bros.’ OTT and digital footprint by launching new offerings and growing current company-owned services. WBDN works closely with other Warner Bros. divisions to support the company’s overall strategy to bring content directly to our audiences.
DC Universe is a first-of-its-kind digital subscription service giving fans access to exclusive content and experiences not available anywhere else. This membership includes exclusive original live-action and animated series, classic TV series and films, an ever-expanding library of digital comic books, breaking news including the all-new DC Daily show, an expansive DC-centric encyclopedia, and access to exclusive merchandise. Additional fan features include opportunities to connect with others in the DC community, earn premium rewards and participate in sweepstakes and contests.
The Director, Growth Marketing will be responsible for developing, creating and overseeing implementation of growth strategies in order to grow DC Universe for Warner Bros. Digital Networks.
• Lead the development and planning of 360° marketing strategies and scaling of the DC Universe service.
• Drive coordinated execution of multi-channel marketing, media planning, and campaign strategies (via digital and offline paid media, SEM, CRM, events, social, and other activities).
• Working with the Business Insights team, identify and develop audience segments and test plans, generate quantitative and qualitative insights to inform campaign creative, show/content activation strategy, and service positioning.
• Lead growth marketing efforts in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
• Work closely with the brand managers, business leads and Data Intelligence teams to champion and get buy-in to short-term and long-term growth strategy plans and subscriber forecasts.
• Lead the translation of branding and messaging strategies into detailed 360° marketing campaigns and programs.
• Lead the internal and external communication of marketing campaigns to internal and external stakeholders.
• Execute marketing campaigns with cross-functional teams
• Execute media and promotions activities.
• Collaborate with product, engagement, finance, content and distribution teams to translate product positioning, features and benefits into marketing campaigns and programs.
• Assess team requirements to hire, train and develop people, as needed, to meet goals and objectives.
• Foster productive and seamless relationships with other important teams: Creative Services, PR, Studios, Production, Programming/Editorial.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• BA/BS required.
• MBA preferred.
• 8+ years of consumer and digital marketing experience, preferably within subscription service organizations. Network/Studio television, OTT and/or SVOD experience a plus.
• Experience working with major entertainment brands.
• Proven record building and growing franchises.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of digital media, online advertising platforms & related metrics.
• Experience with content marketing, content syndication, and direct response marketing.
• Experience in project management to include the ability to lead/prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Warner Bros. IP a plus.
• Paid media planning and execution experience including paid search, mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, and sponsored content campaigns.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills including a strong understanding of online marketing metrics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives, as well as the ability to successfully partner with employees across all levels and lines of business.
• Excellent attention to detail with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives.
• Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to travel (domestically) approximately 10%.
• Flexibility to respond to off-hours business needs.