The Star Gazette in Elmira, NY is seeking a distribution department Dock Operations Coordinator, part-time 25-29 hours a week with early morning and weekend shifts starting around midnight. The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the distribution department by handling many of the department’s day to day operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, single copy and non-daily distribution areas.
• Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
• Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
• Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
• Utilize industry specific software to handle required reporting for center.
• General housekeeping of distribution center
• Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
• Assist with delivering newspapers,
• Respond to and resolve subscriber service issues
Valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required. Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment. Good computer skills including Microsoft office. Good time management skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
GED/High School Diploma