I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Associate Editor for RealSimple.com will ideate, write, report, edit, and manage content for a variety of daily and monthly initiatives, with an emphasis on supporting our SEO efforts. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable using analytics to help guide content creation, and will have excellent writing skills, experience creating digital content, and a passion for everything Real Simple (from organization to food to beauty). They’ll be skilled at crafting headlines, generating unique ideas, working collaboratively, and finding creative new ways for Real Simple to reach its audience via organic search.
II. Essential Job Functions
• Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• SEO content development and growth
• Daily content writing, including news
• Assisting with social media and/or production initiatives
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• College education—bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 1-2 years of digital editorial experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Digital Content Development, Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, proficient in using CMS (drupal a plus)
• % Travel Required (Approximate): 0