I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
As a Director of Growth for Meredith Digital you will be responsible for leading your assigned vertical’s growth strategy. You will be responsible for creating, driving and managing high-impact growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including email, social, SEO, SEM, Paid Social and more. You will work with a highly-focused vertical team of business, product, editorial, and analytical experts to envision, plan, test, scale and optimize initiatives designed to increase brand engagement and revenue.
• Delivering innovative strategies to achieve engagement and revenue goals as defined per Meredith brand/vertical.
• Acquire and retain, at scale, a quality, engaged audience to achieve Meredith Digital’s overall growth goals.
• Work with the Growth Team and key stakeholders across the company to define problems and opportunities, develop and execute the strategies and roadmap for Meredith Digital’s growth per assigned vertical.
• Provide leadership, strategic insight and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on the vertical growth strategy and their role in it.
• Drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas including audience acquisition (SEO, Social), audience conversion (SEM, Paid Social) and audience retention (email and other messaging channels)
• Together with Growth Team functional resources, create well-reasoned growth hypotheses and conceive, execute and manage experiments to test those hypotheses.
• Facilitate the collection of experiments and their results and convey learnings and next steps to the broader vertical team.
• Become familiar with all sources of growth team data and efficiently pull, integrate and analyze data as needed
• Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of growth initiatives
• Develop a detailed understanding of our brands and their unique audience personas and develop strategies to effectively engage, grow and retain them
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Strategic leadership across vertical Growth team resources including input on all channel strategies and programs driving key results for assigned Meredith brands; working with strategic leads focused on other key business areas (product, edit, and revenue) to align priorities and biggest areas of opportunity
• Monitoring of performance against objectives and key results per vertical and brand; consistent reporting and communication of traffic and revenue performance across stakeholders
• Stay current with best practices, industry trends and growth strategies among competitors and industry leaders
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Experience: 8+ years in marketing management
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 8+ years of experience working in digital marketing, product or related field
• Experience developing and executing large strategic initiatives
• Data-driven decision maker
• Good critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills are necessary
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborative, cross-functional, sleeves-up work style
• Self-starter who can take initiative for a specific area and drive performance
• You must have a strong bias towards action and competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 10-25%, depending on need