CNN is hiring Technical Manager(s)! We are expanding our technical teams and are looking for leadership to support the developers on the team and partner with our cross-functional (xF) Product, Delivery and Design leads. The Technical Manager will advise on technical solutions in the area of consumer experience that they represent (Web, Politics, Mobile) and lead the team toward future initiatives at CNN, such as Storytelling, Data Integrations and Elections 2020!
• Manage a team of developers directly (5+ developers) and provide technical guidance to individuals and other peers.
• Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth of direct reports.
• Work with cross functional team(s) and provide technical guidance in alignment with engineering standards defined by technical leadership.
• Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production.
• Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends.
• Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
• Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
• Conducting interviews, hiring and onboarding new developers.
• Manage on-call schedules and weekly check-ins with global support team
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training/experience. Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
• 2+ years directly managing or leading a team(s) of developers.
• Good soft skills. Has proven mentoring and growing others in career.
• Cross Functional team exposure – has worked previously with Product, Design, QA and Delivery leads in professional career.
• Cloud Technology, AWS, Docker and CI/CD experience.
• Full Stack development experience. Can help onboard and provide support to developers as they learn in their career.
• Has experience interviewing and hiring for technology professionals.
• Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).
• Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred.
Last, but most important is our team ethos. Take a read and if the above is your skill set and the below are your values then we can’t wait to meet you!
• Exhibit positivity
• Commit to continuous improvement
• Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun
• Act now, don’t hesitate
• Own our destiny
• Don’t let people down—including ourselves
• Achieve and celebrate success together
• Push forward, fail up
• Ask questions, challenge assumptions
• Quality is job one
• Good ideas flow all ways
• Communication is what the listener does
• Respect goes in all directions