The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc, and developers of Mortal Kombat and Injustice, seeks a Production Manager to be responsible for overseeing the schedule on one or more AAA projects. This position supports production and assists the team by focusing on schedules, velocity tracking, and dependency management as the team focuses on developing AAA video games. This position will work closely with the Leads, Sub-Leads, and Producers in gathering information and tracking progress against approved milestones.
The ideal candidate has previously managed the project schedule for an internal, games development team that has shipped multiple successful games both on Console and in the Mobile space.
• Work with the Leads and Production team to develop and track against a production plan reflective of the defined project goals as set by the studio Creative Director.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, clarify project priorities, identify risks, and escalate issues that cannot be internally resolved.
• Clearly define all workflows, communicate documented processes, and ensure all practices are being refined and tuned with learnings.
• Provides regular status reports and capacity plan updates with the team and with studio management.
• Identify the best tools and technologies to help manage workflow, and optimize their implementation and deployment.
• Identify processes that can improve project efficiency and act as a change agent for them.
What do we require from you?
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
• The ideal candidate will have worked in a project management role on at least 2 game titles from inception to shipping.
• He/she will have developed multiple project plans, and implemented/managed them directly.
• He/she will have experience with both Agile and Waterfall styles of project management, and understand the applications of each.
• Minimum of 4+ years of experience in production or project management.
• Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills, including both strong skills in prioritization and multitasking.
• Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
• Strong scheduling, tracking and resource management skills.
• Deep knowledge of a variety of project tracking tools and techniques.
• Requires a self-starter with high level of initiative and proactivity.
• Travel and/or work at remote site as required.