Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc is in search of a dynamic Digital Account Executive in (SAVANNAH, GA) to take our digital revenue initiatives to the next level. Our Broadcast and Digital Divisions are a part of one of the nation’s fastest growing organizations, and the largest local media company in the US. We are looking for a leader who will work with our local sales team to continue to foster a positive culture of success. The Digital Account Executive is responsible for directing digital sales efforts for all digital marketing services both closing sales opportunities with Broadcast Account Executives and identifying target accounts to drive digital revenue as a sole contributor.
As a member of the (WSAV) Nexstar team, the Digital Account Executive will be an expert in local digital and cross platform sales, have a solid understanding of the local digital marketplace, and be knowledgeable about how to effectively package our digital assets to maximize our digital advertising and digital marketing services revenue. The successful candidate will identify key target accounts and partner with the Account Executives, and with our local businesses and /or advertising agencies in a consultative, creative, challenger seller focused approach. You will be the digital subject matter expert on the team, working to find new business opportunities, and with the Nexstar Account Executives to provide innovative ideas in digital marketing solutions to help grow our client’s businesses. You will be responsible for growing new and existing digital revenue business, and updating the sales team on new product rollouts, best practices, national sales contests, digital industry trends, and vertical specific initiatives in automotive, recruitment, healthcare, home services, legal, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a curiosity to understand client needs by conducting pre-meeting research and using tools provided to help develop a needs-based point of view. Your strong consultative sales skills will build relationships with our clients by listening and providing marketing expertise. You bring value to clients and will help to simplify their digital marketing spend by maximizing their digital footprint and help clients gain market-share.
We offer best-in-class digital & broadcast enterprise solutions including Audience Targeted Programmatic Display, Social Paid & Earned Marketing, Content Marketing Integration, (WSAV.COM) Integrated Sponsorships, SEM, SEO, SMM, Email Marketing, Episodic & Premium Video (OTT / CTV / ATV, Pre-roll, In-Stream, Live Stream, Mobile, App, etc.), Digital Audio, Mobile App & Geo-Fence, Creative Design / Execution and more. You will have a team of digital marketing product experts to support your business. At Nexstar, we craft custom marketing plans for each client.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven digital marketing sales expert.
• Develop and execute go-to-market sales strategies by verticals and by accounts, which result in exceeding revenue targets in Digital Revenue.
• Drive digital revenue through our suite of audience extension and Core digital products.
• Generate new business and growing select accounts to maximize digital revenue market-share.
• Creative thinking, strategic, challenger sales approach.
• Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy with revenue goals.
• Reporting to the (DIGITAL SALES MANAGER) and partnering with the management team regarding best practices and digital industry trends.
• Work closely with Accounts Receivables to maintain current and collectible aging accounts.
• Engaged by connecting daily with Account Executives & clients, assisting Account Executives in researching and uncovering client needs to present marketing ideas and solutions that result in monthly recurring revenue.
• Attend sales calls with Account Executives by generating new digital sales revenue and grow digital business from existing broadcast and digital clients
• Establish, maintain and grow meaningful client relationships, developing results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms.
• Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on digital benefits and trends and overseeing the Digital training and development of the Sales Team.
• Meaningful contributor to sales team on digital marketing topics including best practices, industry trends, resources to assist with pre-sales call information gathering, developing marketing objectives and a point of view for the client’s needs and value driven resource for clients for digital marketing benefits.
• Act as the back up for the Digital Sales Manager on an as needed basis.
• Effective team player and sales closer.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of Sales Experience, preferable in Digital Marketing.
• Current knowledge of digital ad technology, online ad serving, 3rd party research skills such as eMarketer, comScore and Google Analytics.
• IAB and/or Google AdWords Certification a plus.
• Automotive & database digital marketing sales experience is also a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office products required.
• Experience with DFP / Google Ad Manager, Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, Simmons and Rentrak are a plus.
• Fluency in English; with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed.