Requisition ID 24673
Work with Production & Development team to coordinate the overall development/production process for the Joint Venture Network to meet business initiatives, standards for quality, value, and innovation. Manage all aspects of original commissioned productions. Evaluate shows and episode treatments, scripts, music, rough cuts and fine cuts to make sure they meet brand specifications for look and feel and are up to production standards. Identify and develop new talent. This position will be located in Waco, TX.
1. Coordinate tracking of concepts, presentations and pilots in development to ensure projects deliver on editorial expectations. Ensure information flow and editorial integrity during all phases of development from conception to production.
2. Field calls and questions - both solicited and unsolicited - from outside producers regarding proposals and network's programming needs.
3. Regular communication with producers and agents to gather and review development information: budgets, sample tapes, proposal revisions, production schedules, etc. Maintain and build relationships with production community.
4. Conduct initial review of projects under consideration and offer editorial input on projects in development.
5. Manage development meeting agendas and additional processes for network (i.e., kick off meetings, renewal meetings, first looks, etc.). Maintain development and production reports as required.
6. Write editorial briefs and requests for proposals.
7. Perform competitive network and content research.
8. Strategize with team on new categories for future opportunities.
9. Develop and maintain relationships with the production community through solicitation of topics and development of editorial content
10. Brainstorm program ideas, research potential acquisitions and assess content overlap
11. Manage requests from internal departments about new programming
12. Manage the relationships with ad sales, advertisers and agencies for any special projects
13. Identify and develop new talent through pitch meetings, general research, and talent tests
14. Develop ideas for related web opportunities for each on-air program and series
BS/BA in related discipline and at least 3-5 years of experience in related field - OR -
certification is required in some areas
Knowledge of brand specific history and popular culture related to television programming
Knowledge of brand specific tools, trends, styles, methods and materials
Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to produce visual arts
Knowledge of video/print/media production
Ability to balance entertainment and information in programming
Ability to identify, analyze and effectively critique content and storytelling
Ability to manage the production process from concept to air or to other platforms
Verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, prioritization, organizational, managerial, and analytical skills.
Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Strong PC background, with demonstrated proficiency with Windows, Excel, Word, and MS Access
Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
Must have the legal right to work in the United States