Mel Wheeler Inc. has a rare opening for the combination of a Promotions Director and on-air personality for WSLQ “Q99” in Roanoke, Virginia. Successful candidates will be extremely organized, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and know how to prioritize. Experience in event marketing is ideal. People skills are key - the position requires constant interaction with programming and sales. The Promotions Director will interact with clients and listeners and must be able to meet the very different needs of each “customer.” The Promotions Director will supervise promotion team members and interns. The Promotions Director reports to the Program Director and works closely with sales.
Regular duties include:
• Planning and executing “major” radio promotions
• Writing regular promotional proposals
• Writing regular promotional recaps
• Creating contest pages for Website
• Writing copy for Email blasts
• Understanding FCC rules and regulations when executing promotions
• Maintaining accurate and detailed calendars of upcoming appearances, contests, concerts, and events
• Obtaining prizes for contests on a consistent basis
• Planning for station events Nights and weekends are occasionally required.
Candidate should have a proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and HTML. Candidates should have prior on-air/promotions experience, strong social media skills, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required; some college preferred.
Candidates must be highly motivated; have the utmost in integrity and a strong work ethic; work well with staff, consultants, GM, and all other departments. In addition to the skills and talents to do the job, candidates should contribute to making the company and station a positive place to work for all staff members. To apply: Email to email@example.com Visit our website at http://melwheelerinc.com/