With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. The company owns and operates 858 broadcast radio stations, serving more than 150 markets throughout the U.S. Plus, iHeartRadio - a free, industry-leading, digital music service - gives users instant access to more than 2,000 live radio stations and allows them to create custom stations inspired by favorite artists or songs, anywhere they are.
The Web Developer within our team is someone who can quickly create innovative web based solutions to business challenges. This role works within our innovative ‘Quick Wins’ team which focuses on creating solutions in 3 weeks or less. The best candidate will possess a wide array of technical skills and knowledge as well as the ability to use their experience to choose the best platform to solve the problem. This position develops on a wide variety of platforms and tools, while collaborating closely with business leaders on rapid iterations in a fast-changing environment.
This position requires a self-motivated and organized professional with at least 3 years of full stack web development experience producing both B2B and B2C solutions. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and can create an application using a wide array of technologies. The candidate should be ambitious, creative and must thrive in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to collaborate and pay strong attention to detail.
A passion for technology and using the latest tools is a must. Prior experience within the media industry and working with a geographically distributed team is highly preferred.
• Quickly build cutting edge applications on a variety of platforms
• Create user-friendly web application designs that people love, ensuring easy navigation, organized content and integrated graphics and audio that appeal to targeted audience
• Be a full stack web developer, setting up all infrastructure needed to develop and deploy your application, from hosting setup, to databases, as well as the ability to develop integration to other enterprise platforms.
• Set monitors for performance, capacity, reliability and quality.
• Delivers high quality software components with minimal defects; identifies and resolves errors and related software problems.
• Have conversations with business partners, distill requests to technical requirements and then build a solution.
• Conduct demos to glean feedback, action items, and outcomes for individual deliverables.
• Proactively identify, circumvent, avoid and or resolve issues and problems that have an adverse impact on projects.
• Effectively support products created throughout their lifecycle.
• Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Assisting team members with their challenge.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent working experience.
• Experience integrating with enterprise solutions such as Salesforce and Workday.
• Knowledge of cloud deployment and DevOps across both AWS and Azure infrastructures using GitHub.
• Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work extremely closely with business subject matter experts, interpret loose requirements and offer technical advice while building web applications. Able to lead the design and development of front-end prototypes.
• Excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Mentors less experienced members of the development team. Ability to coordinate and energize peer team members as well as independently manage assigned projects to on-time completion.
• Highly focused and self-motivated.
• Thrive and quickly execute in an environment of rapid change, minimal structure, and high expectations.
• Proactive and results-oriented.
• Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban) with Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira, Slack, Etc.).
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups of people with an ability to receive constructive feedback as well as coordinate with peers on task completion for assigned projects. Generate concise technical documentation to guide and educate other team members.