WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
Posting Job Description
WB Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer, Game Integration for the WB Games New York studio. As online engineer on our team, you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to develop our next ground-breaking mobile title from NetherRealm Studios. You’ll be responsible for maintaining tools and online systems that help bring our game alive. Your domain will span from the server-side code base to the game client. You’ll develop features that help make our games feel dynamic and responsive to community needs. You’ll be working to incorporate the latest trends in the mobile market with the latest technology.
You will be responsible for integrating several online services, the primary being our proprietary platform, “Hydra Studio”. Hydra Studio integrates tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry, and powers all online services, from data storage, to tournaments, to in-game purchasing.
We are looking for candidates with the ability to quickly learn new platforms and technologies. We use many different technologies for our products, and while we don’t expect you to know them all immediately, we look for candidates who can learn quickly and be proficient with them!
This position will require regular travel to NetherRealm Studios, based out of Chicago, IL.
What part will you play?
• Design, author, maintain and refactor online systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements Collaborate with other engineers and clients to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of our SDKs.
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of online systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of online systems.
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
• Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of online systems.
What do we require from you?
• Minimum 5 years professional software development experience with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio and C/C++.
• Experience with web frameworks and languages (Nodejs, Express, Typescript, etc.).
• Experience working on production game title from concept to ship.
• Experience with online services, A/B testing and content delivery.
• Video game industry experience is a plus.
• Experience with Unreal engine 3 or 4, or any other game engine, is a plus.
• Experience interacting with game consoles (Xbox One, PS4) and mobile platforms (iOS, Android) strongly desired.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
• Ability to write efficient and optimized code.
• A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people.
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
• Familiarity with post launch live operations and support (preferred).
• Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY.
• Available for regular travel to NetherRealm Studios, based out of Chicago, IL.
But Wait, There's More!
• Competitive salaries.
• Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents.
• Company-matching 401(k) retirement program.
• Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
• An open and collaborative workspace.
• We value a good work-life balance.
• The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry.