Requisition ID 24319
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
We are hiring a Vice President of Customer Care in Bellevue, Washington to lead the direct service and support for customers across Discovery’s wide array of direct-to-consumer products, including digital products across entertainment, food, home, auto, nature, and science. The VP of Customer Care will be a strategic partner to business lines within the direct-to-consumer business, placing customers at the core of our decision making and ensuring that customer-centric, data-driven decision making is used throughout the team. They will create a culture that delights customers through their end-to-end experience, solves customers problems efficiently, and surprises customers will delightful experiences.
This role will build a customer care team that helps customers solve issues they encounter with our products in a timely and practical manner, whether customers are using mobile, tablets, web, connected TV, voice, or other emerging technologies. They and their teams will identify the root causes of customer problems, drive timely resolution, and use those insights to drive systematic improvements and delightful customer experiences within the direct-to-consumer products. They will use insights and data to build and drive intuitive, automated, and self-service solutions that make it easy for customers to get the help needed when they need it, with as little friction as possible. The VP of Customer Care will also build teams that provide premium, contextual support for vertical specific support.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for delivering the best experience for customers. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. The will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root cause and determine how to improve the customer experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Partner with senior business, product, and content leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices to deliver a world-class consumer experience through our products and high-performing support teams.
2. Build and manage a scalable customer support infrastructure that meets the needs of all DTC businesses.
3. Drive consistent and efficient operating support processes and standards across business units, while tailoring unique solutions to each business when needed.
4. Establish support models, operating practices, metrics, and feedback mechanisms to deeply understand the customers and deliver an exceptional support experience.
5. Identify root causes of customer defects and partner closely with product teams to solve these root causes through product enhancements and integrated self-service support.
6. Leverage data and insights to drive innovative customer education and product enhancements throughout the end-to-end product experience, including mobile apps, tablets. voice, web, and connected TVs.
7. Partner closely with data science and analytics leaders to provide thought leadership on how we leverage data-driven algorithms and techniques to improve the customer experience and address defects.
8. Build a scalable team organization to provide support for common product features across our direct-to-consumer products (e.g. payments/subscriptions), as well as contextual support (e.g. addressing industry and vertical specific questions).
9. Lead the end-to-end planning and execution of all customer support initiatives.
10. Hire, manage, and develop customer support leaders and professionals, helping them enhance their skills, while creating a fun and engaging culture that helps them prosper.
• Minimum of 10+ years of proven experience in customer support, operations, and/or product leadership.
• Minimum of 7+ years managing customer support, operations, and/or product professionals, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrated ability to work across support/operations, product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and operational concepts, create scalable and efficient processes, implement new systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Expertise in customer support processes, systems, and operating models.
• Expertise in identifying defect root causes and driving systematic change to improve the products and/or processes that cause the issue.
• Experience leading and driving improvements across large scale support teams.
• Experience in leading customer support managers across multiple locations, functions, and areas of focus.
• Experience leading international teams.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to design and build proactive, self-service customer education and support systems.
• Master’s degree in business or a relevant is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/