We are looking for an Accountant for our Dallas Shared Service Center located in Irving, TX with experience in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within financial reporting and accounting. The role requires strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, completion and maintenance of general ledger transactions, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reports for Nexstar business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and reporting documents
• Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation. Demonstrate initiative to resolve any balancing issues in the reconciliations.
• Perform other duties, including but not limited to reconciling cash and credit cards received daily
• Establish and maintain a superior customer service relationship.
• Participate in identifying and implementing process and efficiency improvements.
• Perform other duties as required, including special projects.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred in accounting or business related concentration. 2 -5 years related experience. Broadcasting experience a plus.
• Good problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Analytical and detailed oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with emphasis on superior customer service.
• Good knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Strong systems orientation, with proficiency in Microsoft Office application with an emphasis on Excel.
• Shared service experience a plus.