Nexstar Media Group; the digital division of one of the nation’s fastest growing local media companies has an opportunity for the right digital professional to join their corporate digital sales team. We are recruiting for a Regional Sales Director to work with selected markets, to help drive revenue growth and optimize both our core digital and our digital agency services sales efforts in assigned markets. Based on the region the successful candidate may work remotely or office in one of our local TV station properties.
The successful candidate for this role will be an expert on local digital and cross platform sales, have a solid understanding of the local digital marketplace, understand the revenue opportunity our local teams have in digital advertising and digital agency services, knowledgeable about how to effectively package digital and local TV assets, have a demonstrated track record in growing revenue, is willing to travel 40+ weeks/year, and is someone who can work with geographically disparate teams to help execute smart sales plans that grow revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for local digital revenue performance; working both strategically and tactically with other Digital Media Managers, Integrated Digital Specialist, GMs, GSMs, LSMs and Account Executives in assigned group of local markets.
• Ensure sales force(s) in assigned markets are expanding their “share of wallet” by driving new digital sales (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions based selling) and up-sell of existing key account advertisers, while driving retention and minimizing product cannibalization.
• Work in conjunction with market’s General Manager and sales leadership to execute on their strategic game plan and the delivery of sales goals across multiple platforms.
• Be adept at creating innovative multimedia recommendations that integrate proof of performance strategies and leverage the depth and scale of all of the platforms that Nexstar owns in assigned markets.
• Help define, develop, communicate, schedule and deliver training curriculum for local digital sales programs.
• Stay abreast of emerging digital trends, rates and product solutions.
• Able to effectively educate and train on digital marketing and our products based on market needs
Education: BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications preferred
• 3+ years of digital media sales experience (with a focus on local) preferred
• Expert knowledge of the local digital and media advertising landscape including display, mobile, video, programmatic, native, OTT and digital agency services (Social, SEO, SEM)
• Adept at creating new revenue opportunities leveraging synergies between interactive sales and other mediums (broadcast, radio, print).
• Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion
• Ability to work cross-functionally with corporate, local digital, and sales management teams and to ensure coordinated messaging and maximized performance.
• Must be results driven, creative, have attention to detail, and be a team player.
• Interest and passion for digital, broadcast and marketing
• Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Educate/train sellers on digital marketing and develop curriculum based on market needs
• High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
• Strong communication and client presentation skills
• Is well versed in Microsoft office products; PowerPoint, Excel ect
• Ability to execute in a large organization through collaboration and a consultative process
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Must be willing to travel 40+ weeks/year