WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the world’s largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Sex in the City, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and so much more.
WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service created to bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news & entertainment reporting, and much more — all in one digital destination.
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The teams behind Warner Bros., Turner and HBO are coming together to redefine the future of entertainment. We're building a team of big thinkers to work on an end-to-end product experience that will revolutionize streaming and amplify the heart we all have for the stories our brands tell, and as product designer your role will be critical in shaping this future.
As Senior UX Designer, you focus on creating compelling digital experiences that not only meet business & marketing needs but also push the product into innovative territory above and beyond the competition. You are motivated to create engaging and elegant digital entertainment experiences. You have expertise in platforms—such as smartphones, tablets, game consoles, and web—as well as a thoughtful approach to features and user-centric design philosophies.
You understand technology and are always looking for the latest and greatest trends across all the digital products that touch your life and inspire your design choices. You want everything that comes from your hands to be beautiful and inspiring and enjoy a challenge This job isn't just about designing experiences that blow KPIs through the roof - it's also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand, millions of people, and the entertainment we all love.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team (design, engineering, and research) to drive progress, uphold standards and advocate for exceptional customer experiences.
• Partner with product leadership to help define, execute and iterate on interactions, visual design patterns, and animations for our new digital ecosystem.
• Innovate and prototype UX solutions that bring the product and brand forward in the marketplace.
• Seek user and business validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots as you develop new experiences.
• Manage and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs and redlines.
• Take a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development from early ideation through final launched product.
• Help to foster a fun, collaborative and supportive culture in which we are able to make career-defining work.
• 5-7+ years of designing digital products and services
• A portfolio demonstrating user-centered design thinking, process and execution across multiple experience platforms (e.g. mobile app, connected TV, web, etc.)
• Deep understanding of UX design principles and methodologies.
• Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as agile development and lean UX. Experience that shows being a strong problem-solver, storyteller and design facilitator.
• Strong systems thinker, with the ability to connect individual features to the all-up product experience.
• Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Sketch, Photoshop, Figma, etc.
• Proficiency in core design skills, including composition, typography, and color theory.
• Highly effective visual communicator in all types of design artifacts, from feature documentation to visual specs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a closely related field.
• Strong collaboration skills working with cross-functional stakeholders and team members such as product managers, researchers, engineers, writers and other designers.
• Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
• Relevant work experience in streaming media product design.
• Subject matter expertise with Connected TV devices and/or game consoles, e.g., AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, PlayStation.
• Ability to prototype in tools such as Framer, React JS, etc.