Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The CW Twin Cities is currently seeking Fall 2019 interns interested in gaining hands-on production experience! This is an exciting opportunity to get your work seen and develop your writing, shooting, and editing skills while you experience first-hand how a television station operates. Work hands on with a team of producers on a variety of projects including: on-air promotions, commercial production, sales promotions, live-in-studio production, and event coordination.
STUDIO & FIELD WORK:
• Operate the studio camera during studio shoots
• Independently set up & breakdown camera equipment, as well as be able to white balance and select correct filters to shoot video out tin the field
• Operate control room audio board during studio shoots
• Acquire signatures on release forms from anybody featured on camera
• Assist Producers with anything needed to complete a planned shoot
• Wrap up shoot and put equipment away after production is over
PRE & POST PRODUCTION:
• Set up & Shoot broadcast quality footage independently
• Acquire locations needed for shoots
• Edit Video on Adobe Premiere
• Archive Video footage to Station Hard Drives
• Prepare video footage for editing once shoot has concluded
• At local events, be able to set up and break down station’s booth, and interact with public representing the station in a positive light
• Show initiative by tackling projects such as gathering stock footage, updating commercial backups, archiving projects, organizing archived files on external hard drives and researching creative ideas to give us an edge over the competition
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator, well-organized and able to multi-task. You must be a team-player with a great attitude. Basic non-linear editing and basic design skills are a plus. Please specify which programs you have worked in. Must be able to work on specific shoot days (weekdays – TBD) and weekends as needed. To be considered, please attach a description of the program you are enrolled in and your resume when completing the online application. We want to know what experience you have whether it’s in a class room setting or work environment.
This is an unpaid internship. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. This internship must be coordinated with an accredited college and you must receive academic credit for the internship experience. It is the responsibility of the student to seek possible credit for this internship. You must apply online to be considered. While completing the online application, please include a web link of your work if you have one.