Responsible for reviewing fixed asset invoices for proper capitalization, asset management system records and transactions, reconciliations for assigned accounts and assisting in month end close. Accountant will process various transactions for area which may include reclassification, transfer and disposal. Position will also prepare journal entries, schedules and various reports for review.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Review fixed asset invoice additions through workflow for proper capitalization, approval and coding.
• Create and process manual additions, transfers, reclassifications, disposals and informational changes for fixed asset accounting records in the asset management sub-ledger.
• Prepare fixed asset journal entries, monthly rollforwards and various fixed asset reports and audit schedules. Reconcile asset management rollforwards to the general ledger. Monitor and follow-up on CIP aging.
• Provide customer support to the field regarding capital expenditures and depreciation expense variances.
• Lead preparation of schedules, management reports and other accounting data requests required for internal and external reporting. Train and mentor the staff fixed asset accountants, providing assistance on issue resolution.
Additional Tasks, if applicable
• Assist with special projects as needed
• No people management responsibility but may provide guidance to less experienced employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS (minimum educational background, work experience, technical skills, human relations skills, etc. required to perform the job. Should relate to job responsibilities, as applicable.)
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting or related field required.
• Understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Knowledge of general ledger and fixed asset systems.
• Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
• Ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment – must escalate appropriate issues to management in a timely fashion.
• Must be detailed oriented – with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. “Following-up until resolved” skills are a must.
• Ability to work well as a team member.
• Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure.