NBC Connecticut is looking for an Executive Producer to oversee all elements of the afternoon news programs as well as help inspire and coach a talented, passionate staff. This position coordinates the content and presentation of broadcasts under the direction of the Assistant News Director and VP of News.
• Assist VP of News, Assistant News Director and Managing Editor in managing the day-to-day news operation. Participate in daily planning meetings. Contribute ideas for news programming based on the NBC Connecticut News Strategy.
• Oversee show production. Share responsibility for determining the composition and flow of all newscasts, selecting video, writing and copy editing stories. Work closely with producers, anchors, reporters, editors, digital team and technical crews to make certain program elements abide by NBC Owned Stations News Guidelines as well as the NBC Connecticut News Strategy.
• Schedule producers. Work with Assistant News Director to coordinate schedules/schedule changes to be certain Producers are staffed to capacity and with consistency.
• Establish and maintain a professional, trained and motivated staff though effective implementation of NBC’s performance management process. Work with Assistant News Director to ensure training and coaching is provided for Producers. Facilitate the orientation of new employees. Implement NBC Connecticut news standards and ensure adhered to while producing news programs.
• Participate in the program by administering a program element.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years of related work experience including: Direct responsibility for producing a news program and preparing rundowns. Some management experience a plus.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job# 12115BR)
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift.
• Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications.
• Proficient in iNews.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Has the ability to seek simple solutions to complex problems.
• Experience delegating, assigning, setting objectives, providing positive feedback and taking corrective action, if necessary
• Prior experience supervising producers and other news personnel.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage a staff effectively while under extreme pressure and the ability to react quickly to breaking news situations.
• Skilled in utilizing internal and external resources to accomplish goals.
• Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions.
• Experience reviewing reporters’ scripts.
• Has the ability to conduct performance appraisals.
• Skilled in delivering feedback in order to develop team.
• NBC producers’ seminar
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.