The Manager, Data Governance works collaboratively with the Director, Metadata Management to support efforts to develop SHOWTIME's Data Governance program working with a wide range of internal stakeholders.
This position will lead and support the company's Data Governance initiative and its key stakeholders by capturing, compiling and documenting Data Governance policies, procedures, best practices & recommendations created during Data Governance working group meetings.
The person in this role will assist in developing and implementing metadata standards as it related to Data Governance to ensure accuracy and completeness of daily published metadata, with the goal of enhancing marketing effectiveness and brand consistency for Showtime programs and services across platforms.
In addition to diving deep into the details, the person in this role will also be an advocate for Data Governance across all departments in the company which play a role in the metadata supply chain.
- Lead & project manage data governance stakeholder and working group meetings consisting of cross-functional internal stakeholders, including Business Affairs, Program Operations & Distribution, Acquisitions, Creative Services, Broadcast Operations, Sports Group, Digital Media, Scheduling & Programming, Product Development, Research & IT.
- Consult with key stakeholders to collaboratively establish recommendations to streamline approach and implement ongoing metadata best practices
- Define and control project scope, goals and objectives, project schedules, reporting metrics, communications plan, issues and risk management.
- Capture and document current data flows along with proper data governance practices, policies, procedures and recommendations discussed at Data Governance meetings.
- Assist in building and maintaining centralized data inventories, data dictionaries and data flows as it pertains to Data Governance
- Identify gaps within internal data landscape to ensure data integrity and data structure compliance within data governance frameworks
- Present solutions to maximize data governance policy adoption and recommend leveraging existing technologies to automate processes when applicable.
- Create, contribute and manage internal metadata policies with accompanying best practice documentation
- Manage the publication and communication plan of the data governance polices to ensure all the data consumers are aware of the data governance strategies and any changes
- At Director's discretion, act as a department point person for identified workflows, attend intra-company meetings and be secondary level of contact for internal stakeholders
- Support Director in strategic planning of all initiatives related to data governance management.
- Anticipate business needs, identify risks and opportunities, and recommends solutions to senior management.
- Master of Library Science or Information Science - a plus
- 3-5 years of primary experience in defining, documenting and implementing Data Governance best practices, policies & procedures
- Demonstrated success working with digital asset management solutions in an enterprise marketing organizations or media companies.
- Experience working successfully with stakeholders and partner teams to translate business needs into taxonomy solutions.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently with an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborate cross-functionally with many departments within an organization.
- IBMS experience - a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a passion for subject.
- Strong project managing & presentation skills
- Organizational and multitasking skills a must
- Candidate should have a successful track record coordinating resources from different functional organizations, documenting processes as well as understanding and documenting business and workflow requirements.
Visible links http://www.showtime.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled