Emmis Communications is a diversified media company, operating across several U.S. markets. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
A Part-time Videographer’s primary responsibility is to shoot & edit in-studio interviews, concerts, red carpets, sales productions and promotional events with efficiency & effectiveness.
We are looking for videographers that are adept in portraying visual narratives, moods and intentions through their captured & edited content. A flexible schedule is a must, including late nights for event coverage & possible (though infrequent) overnight shifts for time sensitive edit deliverables. This is a dynamic position that requires the videographer to have reasonable knowledge of lighting and audio as well.
A part-time Videographer will be required to attend 1-2 events per month on weekends and/or evenings to cover station related and/or relevant events.
The ideal candidate Is:
• Extremely Resourceful
• Accustomed to Meeting Strict Project Deadlines
• Excellent Communicator
• Efficient Multitasker
• Effective team player with leadership capacity
• Has a great eye for dynamic &/or ambient content
• Excels under pressure
• High patience for colorful personalities & workspace
• Proficient with industry-level video, lighting & audio equipment
• Proficient in motion graphic design (preferred but not required)
• Final Cut Pro
• Comfortable with Apple devices & software
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & PowerPoint, Google Sheets & Google Docs
• Quick & efficient editor
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Formal education in videography work is highly recommended
Desired Skills & Experience
• 2-3 years successful media sales experience, proven results track record and ability to call on local, agency and various types of business decision makers
• College Degree or combination of education and relevant job related experience
• Experience with Hip Hop/Rhythmic CHR/Urban or similar formats a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with ability to interpret and use business publications, mathematical reports and ratings information.
• Strong work ethic with ability to participate in a collaborative work environment.
• A valid driver’s license or ability to provide one’s own transportation and insurance as required
Emmis is as well known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com. Emmis Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.