Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for giving support to the A/R and revenue collection function as well as provide support to the Accounting Manager. The position serves as an external “face” of the accounts receivable function requiring high levels of interpersonal skill & aptitude. The position will be responsible for Receivable related processes such as cash receipts processing, preparing and recording deposits, bank deposit reconciliation, billing, collection of past due accounts, along with general ledger responsibilities including journal entries and reconciliations. This role will also interact with employees and customers.
• Analyzing and processing daily cash receipts
• Preparing daily bank deposits of checks
• Reconciling cash receipts system to the bank deposit reports and assisting with month end bank reconciliations
• Generating and analyzing accounts receivable and collection reports for management review
• Issuing invoices, credit memos and month end statements
• Maintaining accounts receivable system to reflect current billing information
• Working collaboratively with staff in other departments and customers to ensure timely collection of balances and follow-up on delinquent accounts
• Preparing paperwork and backup to support bad debt write-offs and reclasses to unclaimed property
• Developing procedures, systems, and internal controls to improve the delivery of accounting services.
• Analyzing general ledger balances and assembling transaction documentation for auditors.
• Performing various duties and reconciliation responsibilities related to month-end and year-end close.
• Researching, reconciling and responding to credit card chargebacks and inquiries
• Reconciling receivable balances with International Partners and Intercompany Accounts
• Requires possession of a bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting or equivalent experience with at least 2 years working in an Accounting Department with Accounts Receivable experience.
• Knowledge of and at least 2 years of experience billing, collection of accounts receivable, generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls.
• Must be able to process of transactions accurately in a fast-paced environment and possess effective time management skills.
• Knowledge and experience with SAP Business One and Oracle a plus
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.