Cumulus Media - Little Rock is looking for an experienced News Anchor/Reporter to join Arkansas’ largest radio newsroom! You have to be a great radio news writer and multi-tasker with excellent news judgment. You’ll be anchoring morning drive on Newsradio 102.9 KARN and you’ll contribute to the Arkansas Radio Network. Your days will start before everyone else’s, so you’ll need to be able to work quickly, independently, and then you’ll have to drop everything for breaking news.
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 445 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
Produces quality creative news broadcasts and information spots. Provides interesting information about newsmakers in the state and nation.
Responsibilities (Writes, Compiles & Announces News)
• Gathers and writes news from various sources.
• Researches news stories for background information.
• Records interviews with newsmakers.
• Stacks newscast to meet proper time parameters.
• Reads newscast live and records them for both Arkansas Radio Network and KARN Newsradio.
• Extensive knowledge of state and governmental agencies, police agencies and other governing authorities
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Ability to interact with opinion leaders, elected officials at local and national level
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation
• Collaborative and creative work environment
• Tools, resources and coaching to succeed
• Opportunity for career advancement and professional growth
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package with HSA and company match
• 401K with company match to plan for the long term
• Vacation & Holidays to enjoy the fruits of your labor
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at http://www.cumulus.com/careers.
Cumulus is an EOE company.